Members admitted to the West Virginia State Bar after July 1, 2018 are subject to the following requirements:
Update 3/20/2019: Attorneys admitted prior to July 1, 2018, who have not previously completed the Bridge the Gap requirements, may attend the live course and satisfy the mandatory Bridge the Gap requirements.
The West Virginia Supreme Court adopted proposed amendments to the Bridge the Gap Program by Administrative Order in October 2017, with the changes taking effect on July 1, 2018. Click Here for the Administrative Order
- The new Bridge the Gap Program requires mandatory in-person attendance at one of two seminars to be held annually. The training sessions will occur once at the State Bar Annual Meeting and a second time at a geographically different location each calendar year.
- The first program offering will occur on April 8, 2019 in Charleston, West Virginia at the State Bar Annual Meeting. The second program offering will occur in November 2019 at a date and location to be determined. The third program offering will occur in April 2020 at the State Bar Annual Meeting at The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia.
- Each new lawyer admitted to practice after July 1, 2018 will have twenty-four months after their date of admission to complete the program.
- Bridge the Gap will be FREE to all new admittees. Attendance will count toward the mandatory CLE attendance requirements.
- The Supreme Court extended the current (July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2020) MCLE reporting period through September 30, 2020, and extends the deadline for the completion of the Bridge the Gap program as set forth in an Order entered on April 16, 2020. Click here to view the Order
Contact Angie Volk at email@example.com.